Vitamins for children's immunity
Body immunity against colds and influenza wave season is based upon the specific food you select and vitamins which you earn in this time. It is necessary to make a certain diet for every member of your family but it is also important for every parents to include vitamins for children (it is also known as "Vitamiinid lastele" in Estonian language) in their diet that especially improve the immunity.
Image Source Google
Vitamin C is an important vitamin with antioxidant function which is significant for our body so that we can be strong and healthy. Vitamin C helps maintain muscles, bones and blood vessels. Also, vitamin C can help to form collagen and helps the body absorb the iron.
Vitamin C is found naturally in fruits and vegetables, particularly oranges and another citrus. This vitamin is also available as a natural dietary supplement, in tablet form of vitamin C and chewable tablets.
Functions and Features
- It is involved in collagen production that, because of ascorbic acid, is of great significance in healing damaged cells, preventing wrinkles.
- Plays a Vital Part in the creation of bones and dentine.
- It is included in the metabolism of certain amino acids, folic acid, and sugar.
- Participates in the creation of certain neurotransmitters and glucocorticosteroids.
- Contributes to the creation of antibodies and interferon, has antibiotic activity, reduces the period of colds and fight against bacterial aggression.
- Due to its function of antioxidants, neutralize free radicals.
- Protects against the possible incidence of cancer, triggering the formation of nitrosamines – carcinogens that form through the assimilation of amino acids – in the gut.
- Has a laxative activity
- It facilitates the absorption of iron.
- It has an antihistaminic effect in treating allergies and can be beneficial for those who suffer from asthma.