Hypertension or hypertensive vascular disease is an intermittent or sustained elevation in systolic or diastolic blood pressure. There are two types of hypertension, including primary hypertension and secondary hypertension.
Approximately 20% of the adult population develops hypertension. More than 90% of these cases of primary hypertension and about 10% is secondary hypertension. If you are looking for the best hypertension management and certified high diastolic blood pressure treatment In San Antonio then you are at the right place.
Image Source: Google
Being hypertension can be very dangerous. But that does not mean that it cannot be repaired. It's very manageable. Now here is the right way to manage hypertension.
1. Take prescribed medications regularly on the schedule prescribed by your doctor. You do not have to stop taking the drug even if the side effects such as dizziness, lightheadedness or impotence occurs. But you should tell your doctor so that medication can be changed.
2. Monitor your blood pressure regularly. Since many people experience a temporary increase in blood pressure during the inspection, also known as white coat hypertension, repeated measurements after about 10 minutes are recommended to get a more accurate reading.
3. Reducing your weight by restricting calorie intake, especially cholesterol and fat. You also should limit sodium intake. You may collaborate with a nutritionist if you wish. And reduce or avoid alcohol and caffeine intake.
4. Urge yourself to quit smoking if you smoke. It is one of lifestyle modification on which no compromise.
5. Encourage yourself in doing regular physical activity and exercise programs; exercise increases a sense of well-being, providing an outlet for emotional tension, increase serum levels of high-density lipoprotein, and assist in weight control.