Laser Assisted in Situ Keratomileusis or LASIK is one of the most used and widely known eye procedure required for getting a finer eye sight.
After having LASIK surgery you need not to depend on eye glasses or the contact lens for a better sight. Many people who undergo a LASIK/PRK surgical process receive the better vision due to the advancement of laser technology.
Image Source: Google
But there are several reasons also why people don't favor LASIK operation, because despite a large percent in achievement rate there may be some minimum risks associated with the LASIK surgical process.
The individual affected with nearsighted fault comes with an eyeball which could be somewhat more than the ordinary or maybe curving in harshly; it might create the change of light in the retina and leads to blurry sight.
A farsighted person has the contrary indications and their eyeball may be the briefer compared to the standard eyeballs, or the cornea may be quite horizontal and focusing on the light behind the retina rather than on the retina, therefore it triggers a close vision and hazy in space.
LASIK is among the best available choices for the development of Eye Vision, however, there are a few risks too, here is your listing of several LASIK surgery dangers.
1. Flap Connected Risk – Through the operation a flap is made in the retina from the surgeon utilizing a handheld device or a unique laser, a regular flap needs to have the right depth as well as borders.
But sometimes the surgeon can produce a flap that's too thick or doesn't possess edges. This flap can lead to recovery after the operation and less post-operation vision; another eye operation may be required to fix the flap.
2. Nighttime Vision – Following LASIK operation some LASIK patients might be unable to see as much apparent in night time since they may see through the day. If this problem happens then another eye operation is necessary.
3. Infection – This is the most common type of risk that can occur during any surgical procedure. Infection after LASIK surgery is very rare but if it occurs then the patients may notice the redness and oozing of eyes.
The fantastic news is that these kinds of diseases may be treated easily by using some particular eye drops as well as antibiotics.
4. Dry Eye – During this situation eyes feel dry, scratchy and at times debilitating, this scenario is also not dangerous but if the individual feels uneasy, this may also be treated using appropriate eye drops.
5. Under correction/Overcorrection – Throughout LASIK, surgeons use some innovative medical technology to correctly determine; the quantity of the laser power to be centered on the cornea to eliminate the precise number of cells from the retina.