Mywifiext is a web-interface for configuring or changing the settings of your range extender. If you are searching for the steps to configure the new range extender, then you can go to this interface from the web browser, provided the computer must be connected to the range extender at the time of setup. To start with the setup, follow the steps mentioned here as under.
- Connect your range extender to the power adapter and the power supply.
- After connecting the extender to the power supply, you will find the green LED on the hardware. Now connect the extender to the computer through a wireless or wired medium.
- If you are going to connect through a wireless medium, then select the SSID of your range extender.
- Enter the passkey to connect to the SSID. The default password is given on the extender itself.
- Now, place the router and the extender nearby and check the status LED. If the status LED is green in color, then you can proceed further.
- If you have placed the router away from your extender, then you will not find the connection status on your device.
- Open http www mywifiext net from the web browser and check if the default page appears or not. If it appears, then enter the login username and password and proceed with the ‘Netgear Genie setup’.
- You will find the screen where you need to enter the username and password for your router which is already configured on the network.
- Enter a new SSID and password for your extender to which you want to connect the Wi-Fi devices. If you want to keep the SSID and the password the same, then click on the ‘Same Wi-Fi name and password’ option.
Disconnect your device from the computer and power adapter and restart it. Try connecting the wireless devices to the extender and place the extender anywhere between the router and in the dead spots.